Thursday, March 31, 2011

I'm alive and well.

As I'm sure all of you heard by now, Japan has been dealing with many issues as of late: a nuclear reactor that can't seem to stabilize, a tsunami that wiped out towns on the east coast, and the largest earthquake in Japanese history, which started all of the problems. All that aside, I'm actually doing quite well.

As I write this, I am in a hostel in Kyoto, on the early morning of April Fool's Day, after having just gotten back from Osaka. At the moment I am on special leave from work, as things are getting back to normal in my town. My supervisor told me today that utilities and food supplies are all back to normal, but gasoline stations still have many long lines. He expects that even that will be normal by next week, when I'm scheduled to return.

I have many unpublished posts which I've started over the past couple months but haven't yet finished. I really must publish my post regarding my "adventures" in March, as it has certainly been the most dramatic, filled with fear, grief, sadness, relief, and even joy. So as I publish posts over the next few weeks, I'll make sure to include a link to the post, as it'll have a date in the past because of when I started the post. But anyway, for now it's time to sleep.

Goodnight.

Word of the day: 安心 「あんしん」 "anshin" which means "relief."

No comments:

Post a Comment