Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Holy crap it's October

OMG! I hadn't posted anything since August! Shame on me!

I typed something up and thought that it had been published, but I guess it never went through. Oh well, I might as well start from scratch.

It's mid-October, and as usual, I've been super busy! Tomorrow, there is a big ALT meeting in Sendai, so I've been reading some interesting articles written by "activist" Debito Arudou. I would post them online here, but you all can use google... okay, here is one of the articles.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/fl20120501ad.html

And interesting comments/responses to it: http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/fl20120522a1.html

I won't talk too much about it. Actually, I post stuff after tomorrow's meeting, where we will discuss various Arudou articles.

This weekend is the School Festival at the Jr. High. The students and teachers have been super busy as well, preparing for this big event. A year ago, after watching the festival, I wanted to participate in this year's. But not having had enough time to prepare, and due to meetings and such interfering with important rehearsal times, I decided to scrap that idea. It's too bad, because there are quite a few things I've considered doing, including, but not limited to: karate demonstration (kata, exhibition, board breaking, etc.), a hip-hop routine (or being part of students' routines), playing/singing a song with my guitar. Oh well. Maybe next year?

Speaking of which, I've been stressing out about next year. I am beginning to prepare to apply to med school for matriculation in 2014. But that leaves the Aug 2013 - July 2014 year "free" for me to plan. And that involves many, many options, especially regarding in which country I would reside (and where/how). That deserves its own post, which will happen in the near future.

When I can, I have been keeping in touch with my best friend and my bro through Resident Evil 6 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2, respectively, both of which were released recently for the PS3. Forest Law, I'm glad to see you're back. Same with you, Leon Kennedy. And Miharu Hirano. Nice.

Halloween is coming up and I need a costume for the party I'm planning! I've been a ninja before, but not in Japan...and I can actually get ninja stuff here...hmm...

Word of the Day: 傘 「かさ」 "kasa," or, "umbrella."

No comments:

Post a Comment