Sunday, August 1, 2010

I'M IN JAPAN

やっと日本に来ましたよ~~~~!!!
見て見て!日本語しか話せません!

Just kidding! But yeah, I'm finally here in Tokyo! I'm staying at this huge hotel in Shinjuku. And a couple friends and I went to eat at a restaurant. Pretty awesome. REAL SUSHI. IN JAPAN. The sushi was huge. And inexpensive. Awesome. And we ate in a mini tatami room. Well not really; it was just like a normal table/booth, but the seats were tatami mats, and it was in something like a secluded room. I also had Asahi Beer on draft. And the other food (fried chicken, fried octopus) was also delicious. Yum.

Anyway, not much to update with, except that I barely slept on the flight, so I'm really beat. And I watched three movies: Iron Man 2 (again), Post Grad, and Date Night. All fantastic movies. Post Grad in particular was nice because I could relate to the protagonist experiencing post-graduation frustrations.

Gotta get sleep! Big day tomorrow!

Word of the day: 寿司 「すし」 "sushi." 'Nuff said.

4 comments:

  1. Hehe did you have toro? I don't think I have ever had toro. See? I told you it would be cheaper. Did they charge you by the plate? I am so happy you enjoyed your fist night in Tokyo. I miss you so bad.
    Ahh now you can really start writing your adventures and I can't wait to read all of them!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, toro wasn't there. We just ordered a plate of chef's choice. Some really interesting stuff, though, like anago (saltwater eel), which I've never had before. And soft tofu sushi. And a pink minced sushi that I thought was toro, but turned out to not be (much different flavor). It was good, but not as good as toro. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correction, that WAS toro. I saw it at the kaitenzushi place, and my friend said that it indeed is toro. It just tasted different...stronger, or something. But I like the regular stuff better; hopefully I can find it somewhere!

    ReplyDelete